Wednesday, 21 April 2010

OK I'm still here!

Life is getting sort of back to normal, but I do feel it will never be the same again! Dring my week off, my mum collapsed suddenly and was rushed to hospital. It turned out to be a double pulmonary embolism and I really thought I was going to lose her for a while. However, she has battled through and recovering very well. Mum is too stubborn to allow something like that to get her down!
I am also makng efforst to lose weight again, get fit(ter) and also do my bit for the environment. I have joined the 10:10 initiative and have bought a bike which I intend to use twice a week to get to work. I need to get fitter first, though! I am going to the gym twice a week, and for a short bike ride in my local woods twice a week too, and am back on my diet properly. Sadly I haven't picked upa needle for weeks - I do feel far to tired, but I hope this will improve. I like to stitch in front of the TV , but there has been nothing worth watching that my DH will have on, so I've spent far too much tiome on Facebook instead. Also, b the time I have either been to the gym or done other tasks after work, then cooked my dinner it's usually near 8pm and not much of the evening left.
As for the sleepiness problem, although I slept late last Sunday, I haven't retreated back to my bed in the afternoons recently so maybe it's improving with the additional exercise. Although it takes a lot of effort not to go to sleep - I have to go out and actively do something out of the house.
I will get round to posting some pics soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mum Gina, glad she's on the mend. Good luck with the exercise and fitness, I've been thinking about getting a bike myself.

Crystal said...

So sorry to hear about your mum, hope she will be on the mend soon. Congrats on your goals for a fitter you in 2010.