Well, I came back from Turkey two days late and complete with broken ankle with new metalwork in it, plus a thrombosis in my leg. I won't go into details as it gets tedious - suffice to say I ended up in a Turkish hospital on day 5 of the holiday, and had a difficult journey home.
This means all my plans ae gone to pot as I can't put any weight on the ankle for another 5 weeks and can't drive. I'm completely dependent on my daughters to take me anywhere, and I'm supposed to be using crutches, but as my other ankle was also badly sprained, I have poor balance (I think linked to my deafness) plus my excessive weight, I find the crutches almost impossible to use. We have borrowed a wheelchair, but that doesn't help me get up and down stairs (a major problem) and I don't have the strength to propell it very far either.
Oh well, life just has to go into abeyance for five weeks.
I will be getting back to work asap though, as the office is good for wheelchair access, and as I am now under threat of either redundancy or demotion it's not a good time to be away!
2 weeks ago

1 comments:
Lots of hugs for a very speedy recovery :)
Post a Comment