Thursday, 4 November 2010

Dear Diary

Here we are in November and I appear to have disappeared from the world. I'm not sure just why I have been so disconnected from everything recently but I'm hoping to get back to normal.

Firstly, health has been an issue. Since May I have had extreme hip/groin pain that wasn't getting any better despite physiotherapy. The Physio resorted to accupuncture and the pain did start to get better but has now come back a bit. Walking is out of the question as it is far too painful. I'm not sure where to go with this, but more on that below. Mid September I came down with what appeared to be Norovirus and was quite ill with that for a week or so, then I developed an abscess on a tooth, and had the tooth extracted on 12 October. However, that didn't go smoothly, and I had to make two return visits to the dentist because the tooth socket became septic and I had to have bone scraped out. The pain has gone away in the last two days, which is a relief, as believe me, I have never known pain like it. I am getting spontaneous bleeding from the site now and again, but I don't care, so long as it doesn't hurt. I still have a gaping hole in the gum, but hopefully that will soon heal up. I've just had a week off from work, but I was ill again with a virus of some knd last Monday and Tuesday, which was a bit of a waste. I picked up the virus from Tom, and the Norovirus as well. Nursery seems to be a breeding ground for bugs.

For various reasons I haven't started to cycle from work. I was without one of my hearing aids for four weeks around August /September (the dog chewed up my aid) so I wasn't confident cycling without being able to hear. And then I was ill, one way or another. I did get on the bike a couple of days ago and it nearly killed me!! I wasn't very fit before but I have lost whatever fitness I did have. I think this succession of 'events' has knocked me back a bit. It does seem that that short bike ride is what set off the hip pain again as well, so I am doubly cautious.
Ah well.

I am trying to wean off the anti depressants again, and have started on the regime of reducing the dose for the last 4 weeks, with no problems so far. I'll be down to half dose at Christmas and if all goes to plan, should be off them completely by 3 March next year. The dose reduces by 1/8 every three weeks. Slow, but with paroxetine there is no choice as the side effects of stopping are dreadful.

Hobby wise, I have been knitting and have made around 6 sweaters for Tom. I really should have taken photos, but I keep forgetting. No stitching at all, but lots of cooking which I am really enjoying. I'm making some food presents for people at Christmas this year, and so far have made some cupcakes, chutney and a spiced arancillo drink. I'll be making some sweets and biscuits to give away too, together with a small bottle of home made toffee cream liquer and a jar of ingredients for muffins that just need the eggs and milk adding. I've also signed up for some icing lessons at the local sugarcraft shop for a Royal Iced Christmas cake. I'm hoping they will be able to teach me how to do successful flat icing as I never managed to do it myself! There's a rolling pin in Lakeland that might help to get the marzipan even which is pretty crucial so I might get that later.

I'm sure there is more to say, but thats enough for today.

1 comments:

Joyus said...

I have always fancied learning sugarcraft - it's on the 'to do' list of crafts LOL.